BOOKLOVE: February 2013
January has come and go. With that, I present to you my book acquisitions for the month of January:
- Sixty Stories by Donald Barthelme (Tent Bookstore, UP Diliman) – After Rhena got me Forty Stories, which is also by Donald Barthelme, I went back to the Tent Bookstore three days after I received the gift. To my surprise, Sixty Stories was one of the books that have just arrived. Needless to say, I was filled with glee when I saw this and bought it immediately.
- Lolita by Vladimir Nabokov (Bookay Ukay, Maginhawa St.) – One of the most acclaimed books of our time, I certainly couldn’t pass up the opportunity to buy this especially since it was in very good condition.
- The Book of Laughter and Forgetting by Milan Kundera (Booksale SM North Edsa) – A part of the Postmodern 61, I felt glee when I saw this at the legendary shelves of Booksale.
- The Virgin Suicides by Jeffrey Eugenides (AS Bookstores, Palma Hall, UP Diliman) – Middlesex was one of my best reads last year. So it’s a no-brainer that I wanted to read his other works and this particular book comes highly recommended by bookish friends.
- The Book of Other People edited by Zadie Smith (NBS Bestsellers) – This anthology of works by various authors such as David Mitchell, Dave Eggers, Jonathan Safron Foer, and Zadie Smith herself is purely about character. The writers were told to make someone up and take the story from there. Highly interesting if you ask me.
There you have it, dear readers, my February loot. Until next month.